Position available: Tenor & Bass section leader/Assistant to the Artistic Director for 2018-19 season
Short description (PDF):
The SF Bach choir seeks an experienced, trained Tenor or Bass singer to assist the Artistic Director in sectional rehearsals, logistics and rehearsal organization.
1. Significant choral experience, solid, healthy vocal technique and the ability to communicate
this to adult amateur singers effectively and professionally
2. The ability to run a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and musical sectional rehearsal (according to
the AD’s guidelines)
3. Be able to maintain a carefully marked score, hear and note mistakes in all parts
4. Must be organized, flexible, team-oriented, and possess a sense of humor
5. Must be able to attend 95% of the scheduled rehearsals and all performances
6. Experience leading sectional or other rehearsals
1. Position title: Assistant to the Artistic Director
2. Time commitment: weekly Tues. 7-10pm, some Saturday rehearsals; dress rehearsals and
concerts. Season runs late August – early May
3. Conducting opportunities may be offered to the candidate with requisite skills
4. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience
5. Start date: August 2018
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, June 22, 2018, but position may be filled sooner if appropriate candidate is found
San Francisco Bach Choir, a 501(c) 3 California corporation, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff; selection of volunteers, vendors, contractors, and professional musicians; commissioning composers; and all other business of the organization. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, audience members, and singers.
San Francisco Bach Choir is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status.