Position available: Tenor & Bass section leader/Assistant to the Artistic Director
The SF Bach choir seeks an experienced, trained Tenor or Bass singer for January to May, 2019 to assist the Artistic Director in sectional rehearsals, logistics and rehearsal organization. Option to renew for 2019-2020 season.
- Significant choral experience, solid, healthy vocal technique and the ability to communicate this to adult amateur singers effectively and professionally
- The ability to run a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and musical sectional rehearsal (according to the AD’s guidelines)
- Be able to maintain a carefully marked score, hear and note mistakes in all parts
- Must be organized, flexible, team-oriented, and possess a sense of humor
- Must be able to attend 95% of the scheduled rehearsals and all performances
- Experience leading sectional or other rehearsals
- Conducting opportunities may be offered to the candidate with requisite skills
- Position title: Assistant to the Artistic Director
- Time commitment: weekly Tues. 7-10pm, some Saturday rehearsals; dress rehearsals and concerts. Season runs late August – early May
- Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience
- Start date: immediately
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Open until filled
San Francisco Bach Choir, a 501(c) 3 California corporation, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, physical appearance, language, or educational background in any of its activities or operations, including those related to hiring/employment practices, provision of services, selection and engagement of contractors, musicians, and volunteers, and all other business of the organization. The chorus is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of its staff, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, audience members, and singers.
San Francisco Bach Choir is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status.