Audition for SFBC!
We are always looking for experienced choral singers with good musical skills and an enthusiasm for participating in an active and dynamic musical organization. More about us.
September – May, Tuesday evenings 7-10pm
Calvary Presbyterian Church, Fillmore/Jackson SF
Registration fee: $125 per quarter
Our next auditions for next season will take place in the summer at venues in SF and the East Bay. Please fill out the inquiry form below to receive further info about signing up for a time when those details are settled. (Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination will be required in order to audition and participate. Details…) Questions: email@example.com
What to Expect at Your Audition
- Vocalizing: using mostly familiar exercises, to discover: What is your comfortable and usable range? What voice part should you sing? What are your best vowels and what strategy can we use to improve the less-good ones? Is your breath working for you? Are there other adjustments we can make to increase the ease and health of your singing, and the flexibility and beauty of your tone?
- Sight-reading: Recognizing that there can be a wide range of sight-reading ability there will be three, graduated sight-reading exercises. All auditionees will be expected to be able to sight-read the first and part of the second exercise (given a starting note) without accompaniment.
- Prepared music: When audition times are announced, you will be provided with a short (7 bars) melody to prepare in advance of your audition. (view treble clef version | view bass clef version)
Audition Inquiry Form
- All singers must have the bivalent vaccine in order to audition and participate in in-person rehearsals and concerts.
- Singers will be masked for all rehearsals and performances and social distancing guidelines will be followed.
- Audiences will be required to be masked.